Data collected from website visitors
You may choose to interact with our website by entering data into form fields and providing personal data to the Geneva Global Hub for EiE, such as giving us your name, email address, password, and other information when signing up for an account, making a donation, or creating an account to post comments on pages.
Use of Data
The Geneva Global Hub for EiE uses the personal data that you provide and the technical information logged by our servers to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Member communications. We will only communicate with you by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you. You may also unsubscribe from INEE communications by logging into your account and editing your preferences.
- Internal record keeping and membership profile mapping.
- Facilitation of dialogue and interaction between members.
- Compliance with any legal obligations.
- Reporting on website usage using aggregated web analytics.
- Using the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our websites to improve your experience on our websites (such as remembering your name, the items in your Basket, or your preferences) and preventing fraudulent activity.
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will not share, sell, trade, or lease your personal data to third parties or partners unless we are required by law to do so, or unless we explicitly disclose this to you.
Certain data, including user email addresses, will be shared with Mailchimp, a third-party marketing service used to facilitate member communications. Mailchimp’s full privacy agreement can be viewed here.
We may be required to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances: (1) we need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) an emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety), or; (3) we determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person, in which case we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected.
We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our other partners. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain non-personal, technical information when you visit our websites, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our websites before, one or more ‘cookies’ that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the websites, such as the pages you access.
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
Links to Other Websites
You should take additional steps to safeguard your personal data online. To learn more about how to protect yourself, visit the Federal Trade Commission website (US) or the Information Commissioner’s Office (UK).
Safeguarding Your Information
The Geneva Global Hub for EiE understands the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
You may contact us by using the “Contact Us” links on the footer of our website.